Members in 40 countries
Who are the Members?
SIOG members share a passion to implicate clinical practice in the elderly. Current SIOG membership comprises over 1000 individual members in 40 countries and continues to grow. Our current members are basic scientists, surgical oncologists, geriatricians, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, psychologists, sociologists, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare professionals in active clinical practice interested in and/or involved in the management of older patients with cancer.
Become a member and enjoy the following benefits
- to submit articles to the Journal of Geriatric Oncology (JGO), the only journal specifically dedicated to this area of medicine called geriatric oncology
- to access the Journal of Geriatric Oncology (JGO) 4 ANNUAL ISSUES (in print + online or online only, depending on membership status)
- to access the Critical reviews in Oncology/Hematology (CROH) - 12 ANNUAL ISSUES
- to receive a discounted fee at SIOG Annual Meeting - to vote at the SIOG GA and elect Board member - to participate in expert task forces
- to receive SIOG Newsletter - to beneficiate from reduction on some publications/books (e.g. ESMO Handbook of Geriatric Oncology, and other ESMO Handbooks)
- to network with colleagues from all over the world and share your expertise
- to get involved in SIOG activities and in the annual conference
SIOG yearly membership is running from January 1st to December 31st
Important: The Journal of Geriatric Oncology (JGO) replaced in 2010 Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology (CROH) as the official journal of the Society. Both JGO (4 issues in 2012) and CROH (12 issues per year) subscriptions are included in membership. Full articles are accessible direct from member-only area of SIOG website.
SIOG 2013 Membership
You will be happy to know that SIOG is introducing a new online feature that allows paying your membership renewal or application through the well-known Paypal system. No more fax or emails with your credit cards details!
Along with Paypal, we are also introducing a new online membership form. As we are currently updating our database, we have decided to change this year's membership form. We want to know who you are and what your interests and field of expertise are. By increasing our knowledge about you, we will be able to offer you better services!
SIOG offers now five different types of membership:
Full - EUR 177,5 (175€ + 2,5€ administrative & bank fee) - Entitles you to print and online subscription to JGO and to on-line only subscription to CROH, to save on the registration fee for the 2013 SIOG Annual Meeting, to get involved in SIOG activities, to vote on the future governance of our society, to receive our bi-monthly newsletter and much more.
Standard - EUR 97,5 (95€ + 2,5€ administrative & bank fee) - Entitles you to online subscription to JGO and CROH, to save on the registration fee for the 2013 SIOG Annual Meeting, to get involved in SIOG activities, to vote on the future governance of our society, to receive our bi-monthly newsletter and much more.
Special 1 - EUR 47,5 (45€ + 2,5€ administrative & bank fee) - Entitles you to online only subscription to JGO and CROH, but is limited to applicants from upper-middle income* countries (according to World Bank criteria).
Special 2 - EUR 27,5 (25€ + 2,5€ administrative & bank fee) - Entitles you to online only subscription to JGO and CROH, but is limited to applicants from low and lower-middle income* countries (according to World Bank criteria), and nurses, non-MD and/or non-PhD applicants from all countries.
Trainee - FREE - Entitles you to online access to JGO and CROH is offered to all trainees* i.e. : Medical Students (currently in medical school prior to medical degree), Graduate Students (in Masters or PhD programs), Residents (individuals in primary residency programs: medicine, surgery, ob-gyn, psychology), Fellows (sub-specialty trainees in hematology, oncology, or geriatric).
Before you start, please make sure you have the following information at hand:
• Accurate work address
• Email and phone number
• SIOG Membership ID (should you have one already)
• Credit Card details (VISA or Mastercard recommended)
If you have any questions about the process, please contact