The SIOG logo is the embodiment of the society’s values and reputation. It is a valuable asset and a powerful tool for building and publicly acknowledging exchange of knowledge with organizations from the oncology and geriatric oncology communities.
SIOG Members and cancer organizations/institutes may apply to place geriatric oncology meetings under the auspices of SIOG.
Under specific conditions, detailed below, the SIOG Education Committee may grant auspices, i.e. the use of its logo, for geriatric oncology activities that fall within the scope of SIOG's Mission and Strategic Objectives. Either Chair or Vice Chair of the SIOG Education Committee must provide final approval. This task can be delegated to SIOG President-Elect.
SIOG Auspices may be granted provided:
• The subject of the event falls within the scope of SIOG Mission and Strategic Objectives
• The quality of the organization of the meeting, the programme and the speakers corresponds to SIOG's own high standards
- A member of the Education Committee will review the quality of the program (content and speakers) to assure that there is adequate geriatric oncology content and to evaluate the quality of the program.
- In order to do the above, conference program planners should submit the conference agenda to SIOG for review at least 8 weeks prior to the conference date. An English-language translation must be provided if the program is written in a non-English format (this is so the committee members can review).
- A statement (500 words) of why the conference program planners feel SIOG auspices are appropriate should be submitted with the program. This statement should include information on geriatric oncology content to be presented at the meeting.
• The event does not carry any tobacco or alcohol related advertising
• All event material carries the official SIOG logo with the specific mention “under the auspices of SIOG”
• The visual identity (logo) guidelines are adhered to in full, including the logo’s application, presentation and size specifications.
• Unless mutually agreed by both parties, the event does not entail any financial obligation for SIOG
• All supporting documentation is to be provided with the application
• SIOG members get a 20% discount on registration fees. This must be present on registration materials.
• Information on SIOG (including membership and activities) is displayed during the meeting
• A 500 word report with 4 pictures is to be sent to SIOG secretariat within one month of meeting end. This report should highlight the key messages of the event.
• Activities under SIOG auspices are identified in the calendar of international cancer conferences and promoted throughout the SIOG website and network.
for further information.
Online Application Form
Word Application Form